FALLS CHURCH, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Women in Technology (WIT), the premier organization contributing to the success of professional women in the Washington, D.C. area technology community today announced the finalists for the 23rd Annual Leadership Awards. This annual awards program identifies, recognizes and celebrates female professionals who are leaders in the technology field and bring a unique vision and talent to the industry.
The finalists for the 23rd Annual Women in Technology Leadership Awards are
Corporate Large-Market Sector
- Jessica Hunter – Akima, LLC (Technical Solutions & Products Group)
- Elizabeth Porter – Elides
- Teresa Weipert – Maximus Federal
Corporate Mid-Market Sector
- Deepti Malhotra – VMD Corp.
- Leslie Minnix-Wolfe – ScienceLogic
- Sheetal Rawat – SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)
Government and Defense
- Frederica Darema – Independent Consultant
- Maria Roat – Executive Office of the President, Office of the President, Office of Management and Budget
Non-Profit and Academia
- LaTosha Hopkins – John Hopkins University, IDEALS Institute
- Anisah Kabli – AVIXA
- Tami Levin – American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- AnnElizabeth Konkel – Indeed
- Jessica Maloney – Sev1Tech, LLC
- Jennifer Poe – GDIT (General Dynamics Information Technology)
- Mia Wilcox – Merrit Group
- Alba Aleman – Citizant, Inc.
- Julie Sciullo – Association Analytics
- Margaete Zeimer – Sine Nomine Associates, Inc.
- Maureen Cannon – ScienceLogic
- Maryam Faiz – CloudBolt Software
- Ruth Lampkin – GDIT (General Dynamics Information Technology)
- Seema Ashraf – Fannie Mae
- Amber Green – BITHGROUP Technologies
- Azita Kaovasia – Leidos
- Sue (Susette) Rego – General Dynamics Mission Systems
“With the current uncertainties in this pandemic environment where women have been greatly affected, it is critical we recognize these female leaders in the DMV who have not only proven to be a tremendous success in their field, but have given back to their communities and inspired the next generation,” said Cristine Gollayan, president of WIT. “These women make such significant impacts in their roles for their companies, for the lives of others, and for those who will walk after them. We are excited to bring focus to their work and recognize them for their achievements.”
WIT will announce the winners at the Leadership Awards Gala on Thursday, May 12, 2022. For information about sponsorship packages and to purchase tables or individual tickets, please visit https://www.womenintechnology.org/leadership-awards and follow us on Twitter: @WITWomen, #WITLA2022.
About Women in Technology
Women in Technology (WIT) is a not-for-profit organization with the mission of advancing women in technology — from the classroom to the boardroom. With more than 1,000 members in the Washington, D.C. area, WIT fulfills its vision by providing leadership development, technology education, networking, and mentoring opportunities for women at all levels of their careers and for girls interested in STEM. For more information, please visit: womenintechnology.org or connect with us via Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter (@WITWomen).