The Omicron variant is running rampant through harris county, having broken the daily COVID rate with more than 44,000 positive cases reported on Tuesday, according to a KHOU report. Three of the county’s threat level indicators have already reached red, with hospitalizations sitting at 12 percent.
With COVID cases surging, and the approval of mix and match booster shots from the CDC, protecting yourself with a booster shot may have gotten a little easier. Local pharmacies like CVS and Walgreens are joining in on combatting coronavirus, but there are many more businesses and organizations that are assisting in offering COVID vaccinations and booster shots.
Below, find Houston-area locations to receive your booster.
Harris County Health Department
The booster is available in all three vaccination brands, Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson. Each week, Harris County rotates its vaccination sites throughout the Greater Houston area, but the county has two fixed vaccination sites open every week.
To receive your third dose, you’ll need to register online, on the VASTRAC website, or by calling 832-927-8787.
- Bear Creek Agrilife Center parking lot, 2 Abercrombie Street. Hours of operation: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
- Macroplaza Mall, 171 Pasadena Town Square Mall, Hours of operation: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
Harris County Public Health has multiple locations throughout the Houston area. Visit the website, or call 832-927-8787 to book your appointment.
Houston Health Department
Appointments are not required, they are encouraged. Schedule your appointments online at www.hhdvaccinations.org, or call 832-393-4220.
- Northside Health Center, 8504 Schuller Road. Hours of operation, Mondays, and Thursdays from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Acres Homes Multi-Service Center, 6719 W. Montgomery Road. Hours of operation, Mondays, and Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Tuesdays, and Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Sharpstown Health Services, 6201 Bonhomme Road. Hours of operation, Mondays, Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Casa De Amigos Health Center Annex, 1809 North Main Street. Mondays, and Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Tuesdays, and Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and Friday at 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Sunnyside Health Center, 4605 Wilmington Street. Mondays, and Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Tuesdays, and Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and Friday at 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Hiram Clarke Multi-Service Center, 3810 W. Fuqua Street. Hours of operation, Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- PlazAmericas, 7500 Bellaire Boulevard. Mondays through Saturdays: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Call for appointments at 1-866-333-2684.
Texas Southern University Nabrit Science Building, 3100 Cleburne Street. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Walk-ins welcome.
Texas Children’s Hospital/City of Houston Vaccine Clinic at the George R. Brown Convention Center, 1001 Avenida de las Americas. Friday, January 7, from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the level one exhibit hall. Walk-ins are welcomed, but appointments are encouraged. To schedule an appointment, visit the website.
Texas Medical Center
- Baylor Medicine Vaccine Clinic, 7200 Cambridge Street, Suite 6B. Go to their vaccine signup webpage to register for an appointment. To schedule your booster shot, visit the website, or call the vaccine helpline at 713-798-8600.
- Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Boulevard, Building 108A. Hours of operation: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Veterans, spouses, and surviving spouses caregivers, and patients in the Civilian Health and Medical Program are eligible to receive their COVID booster at the VA.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, 7007 Bertner Avenue. Schedule your appointment online, or call 1-855-409-3862.
- UTHealth Vaccine Hub, 6414 Fannin, Suite G-125. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:20 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome. To schedule an appointment, visit the website.
- Texas Children’s Hospital Pavilion for Women, 6651 Main Street. Schedule an appointment online if possible.
- West, 18500 Katy Freeway, Suite 3700, Vaccine Center
- Josie Roberts Building, 7550 Greenbriar, 1st Floor Conference Room
- Willowbrook, 18220 State Highway 249, Conference Center
Visit the website to schedule your booster shot.
Patients at Harris Health can receive both initial COVID vaccines and booster shots. Patients must schedule their appointments ahead of time via phone, 713-526-4243, or online through their MyHealth Portal.
For more information, visit the Harris Health website.
Memorial Hermann Hospital
Memorial Hermann’s walk-in clinics are offering third doses of the Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, and Moderna vaccines for residents 16 years of age and older. Vaccine availability is contingent on both time and location.
Memorial Hermann has five Greater Houston locations, where walk-ins are accepted.
- Texas Medical Center, 6411 Fannin Street. Pfizer and J&J are available.
- Memorial City Medical Center, 929 Gessner Road. Pfizer and J&J are available.
- TIRR, 1333 Moursund Street. Pfizer and J&J are available.
- Greater Heights, 1800 W. 26th Street, Suite 103. Moderna only.
- Southwest, 7600 Beechnut, Suite A. Moderna only.
Visit Memorial Hermann, or call Memorial Hermann’s COVID-19 Vaccine Helpline at (833) 772-2864.
- Bayshore, 11452 Space Center Boulevard. Hours of operation: 10:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Monday through Friday. Walk-ins welcome.
- Bellaire, 5420 Dashwood, Suite 100. Hours of operation: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Walk-ins welcome.
- Victory, 7364 Antoine Drive. Hours of operation: Friday from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. By appointment only.
- Jensen, 2620 E. Crosstimbers Street, Suite 100. Monday through Friday from 10:00 am – 11:30 a.m., and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Walk-ins welcome.
- Rosenberg, 5115 Avenue H, Suite 701. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Walk-ins welcome.
- Sienna, 8810 Highway 6, Suite 100. Wednesday and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m. Walk-ins welcome.
- The Heights, 925 North Shepherd. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. By appointment only.
- Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center, 1200 Binz, Suite 850. Wednesday’s from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Walk-ins welcome.
- Greens, 550 Greens Parkway, Suite 150. Wednesdays at 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Walk-ins welcome.
- International District, 10623 Bellaire Boulevard, Suite C280. Open every second Saturday of the month.