Through 3 Quarters
The Oklahoma City Thunder were expected to take an ‘L’ in this one, but so far it isn’t playing out to script. It’s anybody’s game after three quarters, but OKC is ahead of the Los Angeles Clippers 81-79.
The Thunder have been riding high on the performance of small forward Luguentz Dort, who has 22 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Shooting guard Luke Kennard has led the way so far for Los Angeles, as he has shot 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and has recorded 21 points and five boards. Kennard is close to surpassing his season high of 23.
The Clippers haven’t lost 92% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a victory here would be refreshing.
Los Angeles @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Los Angeles 16-13; Oklahoma City 8-19
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder may be playing at home again this past Saturday, but the experts are forecasting a 4.5-point defeat. After a few days’ rest for both teams, they and the Los Angeles Clippers will meet up at 8 p.m. ET Dec. 18 at Paycom Center. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this game.
The Thunder lost 113-110 to the New Orleans Pelicans this past Wednesday on a last-minute half-court bomb from New Orleans’ point guard Devonte’ Graham as the clock expired. Oklahoma City’s loss shouldn’t obscure the performances of shooting guard Kenrich Williams, who shot 5-for-6 from beyond the arc and finished with 17 points and six boards, and shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who had 33 points in addition to five rebounds.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles was expected to have a tough go of it this past Wednesday, and that’s exactly how things played out. They found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 124-103 punch to the gut against the Utah Jazz. Shooting guard Luke Kennard had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with ten points on 4-for-12 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
In the teams’ previous meeting last month, Oklahoma City was in the race but had to settle for second with a 99-94 finish. Maybe they will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Paycom Center — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Clippers are a 4.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Oklahoma City have won 12 out of their last 23 games against Los Angeles.
- Nov 01, 2021 – Los Angeles 99 vs. Oklahoma City 94
- May 16, 2021 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Jan 24, 2021 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Oklahoma City 100
- Jan 22, 2021 – Los Angeles 120 vs. Oklahoma City 106
- Aug 14, 2020 – Los Angeles 107 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Mar 03, 2020 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Oklahoma City 94
- Dec 22, 2019 – Oklahoma City 118 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Nov 18, 2019 – Los Angeles 90 vs. Oklahoma City 88
- Mar 08, 2019 – Los Angeles 118 vs. Oklahoma City 110
- Dec 15, 2018 – Oklahoma City 110 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Oct 30, 2018 – Oklahoma City 128 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Oct 19, 2018 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Oklahoma City 92
- Mar 16, 2018 – Oklahoma City 121 vs. Los Angeles 113
- Jan 04, 2018 – Oklahoma City 127 vs. Los Angeles 117
- Nov 10, 2017 – Oklahoma City 120 vs. Los Angeles 111
- Jan 16, 2017 – Los Angeles 120 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Dec 31, 2016 – Oklahoma City 114 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Nov 11, 2016 – Los Angeles 110 vs. Oklahoma City 108
- Nov 02, 2016 – Oklahoma City 85 vs. Los Angeles 83
- Mar 31, 2016 – Oklahoma City 119 vs. Los Angeles 117
- Mar 09, 2016 – Oklahoma City 120 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Mar 02, 2016 – Los Angeles 103 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Dec 21, 2015 – Oklahoma City 100 vs. Los Angeles 99
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Paul George: Out (Elbow)
- Serge Ibaka: Out (Covid-19)
- Marcus Morris: Out (Covid-19)
- Jason Preston: Out (Foot)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Knee)